Leading Investment Manager in London, requires an experienced Business Analyst to work on an enterprise data initiative to establish a firm-wide single source of truth for Index/Benchmark and analytics data and focus on Hedging of FX data. Must have strong SQL and some knowledge of Hedging.
This perm role is focused on analysis, design and testing of the end-to-end solution including ETL flows, data models, access and distribution APIs. This role will be focused on Index/Benchmark and Security Analytics reference data sets.
The successful candidate will enjoy working with data – pursuing problems to root cause with tenacity and persistence. They will also possess deep business knowledge of securities mastering solutions and operational processes with proven implementation experience from a business analysis and solution design perspective, alongside strong technical analysis skills.
- Analysis and documentation of complex index/benchmark datarequirements, including Investments, Trading, Counterparty Risk and Investment Compliance use cases
- Data analysis, modelling, mapping and gap analysisacross vendor solutions and disparate legacy platforms
- Design and development of data comparison and validation toolsto support gap analysis of vendor solutions versus requirements
- Engagement with internal partners (Market Data Services) to ensure index data licensing restrictions are validated and supported
- Communication with vendors to ensure requirements and solutions are clearly articulated and understood by all parties
- Ensure that documentation is high quality, thorough and complete, and well understood by all parties and enables sign-off
- Support technical partners with business SME knowledge
Required Skills & Experience:
- At least 5 years investment management/buy-side industry experience
- Strong experience implementing index/benchmark data solutions, to include at least one of: Bloomberg PolarLake, Markit EDM/Cadis, Eagle, Rimes, Refinitiv or Factset
- Strong experience working with index/benchmark service providers
- Strong hands-on SQL
- experience of Barclays PORT/POINT, FTSE Yield Book would be an advantage
- Experience with Bloomberg Data License – Bulk/BO files, Per security, B-PIPE, API