About the Role:
The company has embraced the move to cloud architecture, and we are looking for experienced technology professionals to join us on this venture. As a member of the team, you will help engineer and develop new capabilities for our Portfolio Managers and Quantitative Analysts. This role will foster innovation and work towards using many available data sources, and building applications to realize the business value of our data and investments. This is a unique opportunity to affect change at scale in a large and profitable company. Think mature, established, and respected company meets the agility and excitement of a financial services technology start-up.
Our company has made a big investment into the future of our technology. We have a big vision of what we can achieve, and have ambitious plans to get there. We hold collaboration as a core tenet of how we accomplish our goals. You should be interested in a team-oriented approach; curious and enthusiastic learners will be amongst their tribe here. We are a group of diverse thinkers, all working together to with different perspectives to create optimal solutions to continue to propel us to great heights.
We are looking for progressive big-thinkers who can help to bring their experience with modern technology, architecture patterns, and methodologies to help us modernize and build our next generation of Investments products. If you believe that you would add to the culture that we have described, we would love to hear from you so please send us off your resume.
Core Capabilities & Attributes:
As an Engineering Manager, you and your team will have an opportunity to help shape the direction of our business. We feel strongly that the best way to affect positive change is for our managers to lead by example and serve their teams so that they can be empowered to tackle the combined vision of the future of technology.
- Maintains high standards, develop others and match people to job design
- Combines ambition with humility and is happy to let their performance do the talking
- Mentors, coaches, and develops a high performing engineering team using a servant leadership style
- Possesses a passion for technology and empowers team members by teaching new methods and perspectives on architecture, design, and best practices
- Focuses on delivering value to the business with relentless efforts to improve process
- Demonstrates ability to employ fact-based decision-making to resolve complex problems, by applying analysis, experience and business knowledge
- Evangelizes agile development, continuous integration, code review or pairing, unit testing, refactoring and related approaches.
- Earns the trust of key stakeholders; mobilize and motivate teams; set direction and approach; resolve conflict; deliver tough messages with grace
- Conducts Agile planning with buy-in from business sponsors and team members to balance business needs with available team capacity
- BA/BS degree in computer science, related field, or equivalent practical experience
- 10+ years of progressive software engineering experience, with 5 years of hands-on technical leadership and people management experience
- Experience in modern programming languages (C/C++, Java, Python), open-source technologies
- Experience working in a dynamic, fast-paced, Agile team environment
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to establish and maintain a close working relationship with quantitative researchers, analysts, traders and senior business people alike
- Experience building containerized applications and deploying to public or private clouds, such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, or similar providers.
- Open source involvement such as a well-curated blog, accepted contribution, or community presence
- Proficient with a range of open source frameworks and development tools – e.g. Node, SpringBoot, .Net Core, Flask, NumPy, SciPy, Pandas etc.
- A solid understanding of financial markets and instruments
- Experience of front office software development with an Asset Management, Hedge fund or Investment Bank