6 Months FTC
Up to – £125 K + Bonus + Excellent Benefits
Seeking a senior full stack React & Node.js engineer with TypeScript expertise in design and development of applications in AWS. Candidates must have a strong background in cloud hosted NodeJS microservices development. Experience leveraging AWS-hosted datastores such as RDS MySQL and/or PostgreSQL, and DynamoDb is required. Experience with serverless architectures is a plus – Lambda, Step Functions, SNS, and SQS. Successful candidates will join a team of professionals in a fast-paced environment, acting as a key player with technical development responsibilities. A candidate for this position will be a self-starter who values their work and that of their team members.
- 2+ years of TypeScript engineering
- 5+ years of Node.js services development
- 4+ years of React web application development
- 2+ years of AWS development
- Strong experience unit testing and integration testing
- Experience working with AWS databases and object storage (RDS, DynamoDb, S3)
- Experience developing with AWS services using SDKs
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Understanding UI needs and contributing to UX practice
- Experience implementing UIs with the Material UI design system
- Experience with Product Development and/or Product Engineering
- Experience developing serverless architectures with Lambda, Step Functions, SQS, SNS, CloudWatch
- Experience with database table design, indexing, performance optimizations
- Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools
- Knowledge of cloud reference architectures and AWS best practices
- AWS Certified Developer certification
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in development of all aspects of the React-Node.js-data store application stack.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Implement solutions to ensure dynamic scalability, high reliability, and fault-tolerance.
- Work collaboratively with the team during sprints to ensure technical obstacles are removed and deliverables are achieved
- Select appropriate AWS services to design an application based on the business requirements
- Code, test, debug, implement, and document efficient AWS back-end applications
- Modify data store tables, indexes and perform advanced queries, including for the purpose of troubleshooting data issues
- Propose optimizations to improve maintainability and testability
- Prepare appropriate documentation such as program code, and technical documents
- Assist the project manager/technical lead in preparing estimates and justification for assigned tasks
- Coordinate with business analysts/QA team to troubleshoot and debug issues, initiate testing, and ensure testing is completed successfully
- Ability to use a wide variety of open-source technologies and tools.